Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Little Angel in her RuffleButt!!

Little Angel in her RuffleButt!!
Shawn's 1st modeling job!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When you know love (according to 8th graders)!



I teach middle school art and the experience is always amusing to say the least. Though, I am the teacher I find I am always learning new things from my students. They keep me up to date on technology and fashion (even when I don't ask). My most recent learning experience was about "LOVE". I overheard my 8th grade girls questioning why the 7th graders had a Valentine's Dance and they didn't, because Valentine's Day is about "LOVE" and 7th graders don't know about love yet. I sarcastically piped in "Oh, I couldn't remember when I knew about love...your right must have been 8th grade." One student replied back, "Mrs. Foley, we are practically freshman in high school now...we know about love!" Oh, excuse me! ;O)
Happy Valentine's Day!

Picture of Mrs. Foley in NYC August 2008
Robert Indiana's Love Sculpture, a pop art piece, on Sixth Avenue in mid-town Manhattan

No comments: